The Premitel Fibre Wallbox In Line Coupler enables your FTTP ONT (optical network termination) to be moved to a more convenient location in your home or office.
It is designed to be installed in place of your FTTP ONT and enables connection of a pre terminated length of fibre cable.
The other end of the fibre cable would be connected to the ONT in another location.
The Fibre Wallbox In Line coupler has the same SCAPC connectors and internal fibre connections used by Openreach and Cityfibre.
To install you would:
- remove the power from the ONT
- unplug the incoming fibre connection to the ONT
- remove the ONT from the wall
- fit the Fibre Wallbox In Line Coupler to the wall
- plug the incoming fibre into one of the Fibre Wallbox In Line Coupler connectors (it doesn’t matter which one)
- plug one end of your fibre extension cable into the other connector
- plug the other end of your fibre extension cable in to the ONT in its new location.